Attitude and Gratitude. I always find lists a good motivation tool, but I don't like things too rigid. I also find a blog really helpful in getting me out and doing things. I love that I can look back and really see over time how much great stuff I get to do...

Saturday 9 April 2016

Portugal

There is a plan afoot for a holiday and it will add a whole bunch of done's to my list.  We are going on a cruise to the Azores, Madeira and Portugal.

I am the one that researches, decides itineraries etc.  Then J comes along and says I fancy doing this and I have the info already to hand and we go and do something.  It works quite well.  When we went to Malta, we visited the Blue Grotto but we didn't fancy the restaurants there.  i knew from my reading that a little further along the coast was a cove with two restaurants that were supposed to be good.  We went there.

It was early season and only one was open but it was sat so close to the water it was almost over it.  Our table had an open window and a drop to the bluest water.  there was hardly anyone else there, no one seated near us.  Our waitress was hardly there.  But the food was lovely and the view incredible.

Another time we were not feeling touristy and we found near our hotel that there was an old army base.  We ended up trawling round this empty derelict World War site.  Tumble down buildings, rubbish and graffitti.  It was pretty darn cool.

So I have been reading for our future trip.  I have made plans, some more definite than others.  Here are some things for the list...

16) Go on a cruise (first time!)
17) Visit the Azores
18) Take a jeep trip into the caldera of a volcano
19) Visit Madeira
20) Take the cable car to the botanical gardens and come back down in a wicker basket thing
21) Go to Europe's highest sea cliff at Cape Girao and stand on the glass viewing platform and look down
22) Go to mainland Portugal
23) Visit Lisbon Castle
24) Travel Tram 28
25) Do a river cruise in Oporto

The rest I want to keep pretty fluid...

No comments:

Post a Comment