Attitude and Gratitude. I always find lists a good motivation tool, but I don't like things too rigid. I also find a blog really helpful in getting me out and doing things. I love that I can look back and really see over time how much great stuff I get to do...

Monday 25 April 2016

A Little Rattly

So we went away this weekend to make rattles. 

It was an interesting process. I learnt a lot.  I learnt how to soak hide, shape it, pack it with sand.  I learnt the feel of it, making holes, sewing it together, working the handle into the holes.  Although we did over two days so there was plenty of time for drying, I can imagine doing it even more slowly.  I got to use a variety of tools and I now know what I need to get to do more and have some idea of what to do when I start...

My rattle turned out to have a forked handle, so it enters the head of the rattle in two places.  The shape created by the fork and the head is lovely.  Just below the join is a knot in the wood that looks suggestive.  With all this going on, the rattle feels very feminine.  Then it turned out that it had a bird head on the end....  I was talking with S this morning and we ended up thinking it might be a Thunderbird.

Energy, propulsion, the north.  All good things for me.

I want to bead three white bands of delicas.  at the joins as it were.  I was also gifted some blue tit tail feathers.  I might also use some blue duck wing feathers





No comments:

Post a Comment