Attitude and Gratitude. I always find lists a good motivation tool, but I don't like things too rigid. I also find a blog really helpful in getting me out and doing things. I love that I can look back and really see over time how much great stuff I get to do...

Sunday 17 April 2016

Gardens and Boats and Lighthouses

Yesterday, visiting such a grand garden made me think of the other grand garden I really want to take my hubby to.  Wrest Park.  It is very different from Tregothnan but just as stunning....

We also really need to visit Lanhydrock.  I have never been, which is a shame as it is one of the grandest National Trust places in miles....

39) Visit Wrest Park
40) Visit Lanhydrock

We were also talking about ferries.  Cornwall has a number of them and I have not been on most of them.  Cornwall Council lists 15 of them here.  Of these I have been on the King Harry.  That's it...

I have caught party boats on the Fal....  They begin and end at Falmouth and I don't think I should count it as a ferry.  I also have done a boat trip from Truro to St Mawes, which isn't on this list, but then it isn't really a ferry.  I also did a boat trip from Falmouth to Trelissick to see a Miracle Theatre performance.

The list isn't complete either.  I know a ferry operates from Looe out to Looe Island.  Not done that one either....

Maybe when my parents are down we can get the ferry from Meva to Fowey.  My mum likes boat rides.  It shouldn't be a hard sell.  Then too, I have never been to Fowey.

41) Cornish Ferry Rides
42) Visit Fowey
43) Meva to Fowey ferry

This also reminds me of another cool thing I had on my list before...  Lighthouses.  Cornwall has a few.  So it isn't possible to see all of them.  Some of them take a lot of effort to even see, such as Bishop's Rock which is out near the Isles of Scilly.

Others are easy.  Godrevy can be seen from literally miles of coastline and the Lizard is a tourist attraction open to the public.  There are 8 around Cornwal and 3 around the Isles of Scilly.

44) Visit Lizard Lighthouse
45) Cornish Lighthouses

No comments:

Post a Comment