Attitude and Gratitude. I always find lists a good motivation tool, but I don't like things too rigid. I also find a blog really helpful in getting me out and doing things. I love that I can look back and really see over time how much great stuff I get to do...

Saturday 16 April 2016

Garden of Delight

Well we decided to go today.

The Boscawen family have lived there hundreds of years and still do
 So the garden is their garden. They ask you not to publish any photos to respect their privacy. There are very few out their online but there are a few on their website.

Although late on in spring here, there were still some camellias and magnolias in flower.  Add to that rhododendrons and azaleas and the gardens were a riot of colour.

Huge old specimens. Plants so different from what you find in the UK that the garden feels magical and otherworldly in places.  in one place trees so tall and thin that there were no branches until way way up. Walking through an airy open forest.

What else can I say?

A camelia maze with a beautiful cow in the middle.

A series of ponds flowing down the hillside.

The smell of the tea garden.

Old dogs by a granite bench built for a giant.

Cake and tea to follow a venison burger.

My feet ache but my heart is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment