Attitude and Gratitude. I always find lists a good motivation tool, but I don't like things too rigid. I also find a blog really helpful in getting me out and doing things. I love that I can look back and really see over time how much great stuff I get to do...

Sunday 19 June 2016

Sea Time

So I have been visiting beaches.  Last weekend we went to the Lizard, ate food, wandered the shops.  Then we took a wrong turn on our way to Kennack Sands and decided to explore Church Cove. 

Part way down, there is a sign saying no parking or turning further on down the hill, please park here.  So of course we did, quite a few others didn't though.  We walked down.  Past cute character houses, some of which probably cost a fortune to do up. Near the bottom we crosed the coast path and we could see the little cove we had come to visit, down a very steep incline that somehow or another peaople hauled boats up. 

The old lifeboat house was there and part of the rail that the boat would have launched down.  It was a beautiful little cove, perfect for swimming and larking about in.  I felt a bit sad because most of the houses are probably holiday lets, or second homes.  Maybe a few older people who have yet to move on.  I doubt many of those who stay here have kids.  The sort of cove that half a dozen children of assorted ages should have been playing in on a hot day like that.

I didn't go all the way down the slope but I did climb all the way back up again.

Then we went to Kennack Sands.  I was looking at rocks, serpentine and I was really surprised to be able to identify shiny white veins of chrysotile, one of the types of asbestos.  I could see the little fibres.  Talking to geologists, although it is known to be down on the Lizard, it is pretty unusual to actually find any...  Bit scary really...

Friday night I went to Mousehole and walked round the harbour.  Inside the harbour are two small sandy beaches.  The far side of the harbour is a rocky beach that looks like it has had stone added to keep it eroding away.  While there I met a ferret out for an evening walk and ate chips. :-)

I got an impulse on the way home to go track down the merry maidens, a stone circle of 19 uprights.  When I started walking up the hill, there was a magpie between the two entrance stones ad on the way back down the hill there was a magpie sat at the field gateway.  I took photos, one of which is a bit strange, very overexposed, white.

I sat in the grass and enjoyed the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment