Attitude and Gratitude. I always find lists a good motivation tool, but I don't like things too rigid. I also find a blog really helpful in getting me out and doing things. I love that I can look back and really see over time how much great stuff I get to do...

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Make Believe

So after Duran Duran, I spent the rest of the weekend sore and not doing very much at all...

I made a lariat.  It has an Octagonal donut made of delicas to which many long strands of beads are attached.

I have nearly finished my beetle.  It just needs some legs.

A beady friend posted some pins of jewellery which combine folded shibori silk with bead embroidery.  They were very beautiful and I decided to follow the link to their etsy shop.  It turns out there were lots of tutorials, not just the embroidery stuff which I would find pretty tricky but beadweaving patterns too....

I fell in love.

Seriously... go see....

I brought three patterns.  Cleopatra's Eye, Lucrezia and Sea Waves.  So beautiful.  And not beyond my ability either...  Lucrezia will go with a blue and pink flowery wrap around tunic I have.  Cleopatra's Eye will go with a lot, I think I will wear it endlessly...  Not sure about Sea Waves yet.

I also decided to make Heather Kingsley Heath's Butterfly as a hair comb to go with my butterfly top.

I also signed up for a workshop to make Shona Bevan's Athena Mauve bracelet....

No comments:

Post a Comment